- What Aluminium-Mg-S suspension is and what it is used for?
This suspension contains the active ingredient Aluminium-Mg-S. Aluminium-Mg-S is an antacid and anti-gas combination medicine. It is used to relieve the symptoms of indigestion, heartburn, sour stomach, and the discomfort caused by gas.
What you need to know before you take Aluminium-Mg-S suspension:
- Do not take Aluminium-Mg-S suspension if you:
- Are allergic (hypersensitive) to aluminum hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide, simethicone, or any of the other ingredients in Aluminium-Mg-S suspension.
- Warnings and precautions:
Before you start treatment with Aluminium-Mg-S suspension, tell your doctor if you:
- Have kidney problems.
- Other medicines and Aluminium-Mg-S suspension:
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- How to take Aluminium-Mg-S suspension:
Always take Aluminium-Mg-S suspension as your doctor has told you. Shake well before each use. Drink plenty of fluid during the course of your treatment. An antacid is usually taken for a short time until your symptoms clear up. Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve within 2 weeks of taking this medicine.
Possible side effects of Aluminium-Mg-S suspension:
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The side effects depend on the dose and the duration of treatment. The most common side effects are chalky taste, constipation, diarrhea, hemorrhoids.
How to store Aluminium-Mg-S suspension:
– Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
– Store in the original package in order to protect from light and moisture.
– Do not store above 25˚C. Do not allow to freeze.
– Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and blister after ‘EXP’.
– The expiry date refers to the last day of that month
This post is also available in: Persian